We are committed to integrity and professionalism in all areas of our services and therefore we take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) seriously. We will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your privacy and ensure that personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the Act and only as outlined below.
- We are committed to integrity and professionalism in all areas of our services and therefore we take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) seriously. We will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your privacy and ensure that personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the Act and only as outlined below.
Your personal data: what we collect
- We may collect the following types of personal data from you if you buy products or services
- Your name, date of birth, address, email address, IP address and telephone number;
- When you are browsing our website, we may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system. We may obtain information by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and allow us to recognise your PC and your preferred settings. Most browsers can be programmed to reject, or warn you, before using cookies.
Your personal data: how we use it
- We will use your personal data for administrative purposes, including making a contract with you, billing you, receiving payment from you and carrying out services for you.
- We may use the data you provide to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card has not been used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information that you supply during the order and payment process. In performing these checks, personal data you provide may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, which may keep a record. This is done only to confirm your identity and no credit check is performed, and your credit rating should not be affected.
- We may use your email address to contact you with news, updates, and Alotic related matters
Your personal data: use by third parties
- Email Addresses may be disclosed to MailChimp for emailing purposes
- Personal data may be disclosed to third parties or authorities if criminal activity is suspected
- We will not provide any other your personal data to any third party unless
- you specifically authorise us to do so; or
- we need to do so in relation to a payment transaction with a credit or debit card company or in relation to a direct debit transaction with a bank or other financial institution or credit reference agency; or
- we are required to do so by law or other binding regulation.
- In line with current requirements under the Data Protection Act, 1998, we will retain your personal data for no longer than necessary.
- We encourage you to provide full personal data and you agree to provide personal data which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not misleading, deceptive or inaccurate.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal data under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure.
- Even though we have taken reasonable steps to protect your data whilst it is being transmitted, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us by the internet and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
- The full extent of the personal data we hold on you is displayed in the Administration section of our website at Alotic.ps. You may ask us to provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you for a nominal fee by sending an email to [email protected]. For your protection, we may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if your identity is not established to our satisfaction.